Peter Vossenberg, our talented Executive Chef at Edgar's Grille has whipped up this glazed cranberry orange bread recipe. Indulgent and sweet, this decadent delight is sure to become a holiday tradition at your table this season!
The recipe below will yield four(4) mini loaves and serve up to four(4) portions to each loaf.
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
--- From the Kitchen of Peter Vossenberg Executive Chef Edgar’s Grille
- 3 cups of flour (all purpose)
- 1 ¼ cups sugar ½ teaspoon salt (Kosher)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 orange
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ¼ cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Pecan halves 16
- ½ cup powdered 10X sugar
- 2 teaspoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of Gran Mariner
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients/fixings
- Add chopped pecans and mix. Set aside. If using a food processor do not over “chop”.
- In another mixing bowl; zest an orange or use a micro planer. 1 tablespoon of Zest. Juice orange to measure ¼ cup
- Add melted butter
- Add eggs and milk
- Whisk until blended
- Add the wet fixings to the dry fixings
- Mix just until dry fixings are nice and moist. DO NOT OVER MIX! Please and thank you.
- Gently add the cranberries to the batter. (Batter= dry + wet)
- Fill each greased mini loaf pan with 1 cup of batter
- Place four pecan halves on top of batter
- Bake 40-45 minutes
o Double check with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Insert and when it comes out dry it is finished
o Looking for “GBD” Golden Brown and Delicious?
- Cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Poke holes in the top of loaves with the toothpick.
- Drizzle the glaze over the loaves
o Combine powder sugar with the milk and Gran Mariner
- Then pop out the loaves and let them cool on a cooling rack
- After the loaves are completely cooled you could add another recipe of glaze.
Enjoy your masterpiece and happy holidays from Edgar's Grille!