Edgar's Grille is happy to announce our Beer Dinner Wednesday, January 24th at 7 pm!
Edgar's Grille is happy to announce our Beer Dinner Wednesday, January 24 at 7 pm! Reservations are required as space is limited. Call 706-854-4700 to reserve your seat today!
Our expert chefs have mastered the art of pairing the perfect brew with the perfect dish to ignite a flavorful combination that surpasses their enjoyment independently!
Our friends from River Watch Brewery are joining us for an exclusive 4-course dining experience. Enjoy the opportunity to get a beer and food education provided by Anne Sloan, River Watch Brewer and Certified Cicerone and food education provided by Edgar's Executive Chef Peter Vossenberg CEC, CCE, CCA, AAC.
Appetizer: Cranberry, Raspberry flatbread with Goat Cheese and Grilled Zucchini
Soup: Pimento Cheese and Beer Soup
Entrée: Braised Smoked Pork Belly, Brussel Sprout Slaw with a Sherry Vinaigrette, Roasted Butternut Squash puree
Sautéed Spiced Grouper, Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits and Stewed Collard greens
Dessert: Glazed Cranberry Orange Wheat Bread
We promise a night that's ale it's cracked up to be. Wheat love for you to join us!
$60 per person. Reservations are required. Call 706-854-4700 to reserve your seat today!
Edgar's own Chef Vossenberg shares a favorite featured holiday recipe!
Peter Vossenberg, our talented Executive Chef at Edgar's Grille has whipped up this glazed cranberry orange bread recipe. Indulgent and sweet, this decadent delight is sure to become a holiday tradition at your table this season!
The recipe below will yield four(4) mini loaves and serve up to four(4) portions to each loaf.
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
--- From the Kitchen of Peter Vossenberg Executive Chef Edgar’s Grille
- 3 cups of flour (all purpose)
- 1 ¼ cups sugar ½ teaspoon salt (Kosher)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 orange
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ¼ cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Pecan halves 16
- ½ cup powdered 10X sugar
- 2 teaspoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of Gran Mariner
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients/fixings
- Add chopped pecans and mix. Set aside. If using a food processor do not over “chop”.
- In another mixing bowl; zest an orange or use a micro planer. 1 tablespoon of Zest. Juice orange to measure ¼ cup
- Add melted butter
- Add eggs and milk
- Whisk until blended
- Add the wet fixings to the dry fixings
- Mix just until dry fixings are nice and moist. DO NOT OVER MIX! Please and thank you.
- Gently add the cranberries to the batter. (Batter= dry + wet)
- Fill each greased mini loaf pan with 1 cup of batter
- Place four pecan halves on top of batter
- Bake 40-45 minutes
o Double check with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Insert and when it comes out dry it is finished
o Looking for “GBD” Golden Brown and Delicious?
- Cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Poke holes in the top of loaves with the toothpick.
- Drizzle the glaze over the loaves
o Combine powder sugar with the milk and Gran Mariner
- Then pop out the loaves and let them cool on a cooling rack
- After the loaves are completely cooled you could add another recipe of glaze.
Enjoy your masterpiece and happy holidays from Edgar's Grille!