Edgar's own Chef Vossenberg shares a favorite featured holiday recipe!
Peter Vossenberg, our talented Executive Chef at Edgar's Grille has whipped up this glazed cranberry orange bread recipe. Indulgent and sweet, this decadent delight is sure to become a holiday tradition at your table this season!
The recipe below will yield four(4) mini loaves and serve up to four(4) portions to each loaf.
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
--- From the Kitchen of Peter Vossenberg Executive Chef Edgar’s Grille
- 3 cups of flour (all purpose)
- 1 ¼ cups sugar ½ teaspoon salt (Kosher)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 orange
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ¼ cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Pecan halves 16
- ½ cup powdered 10X sugar
- 2 teaspoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of Gran Mariner
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients/fixings
- Add chopped pecans and mix. Set aside. If using a food processor do not over “chop”.
- In another mixing bowl; zest an orange or use a micro planer. 1 tablespoon of Zest. Juice orange to measure ¼ cup
- Add melted butter
- Add eggs and milk
- Whisk until blended
- Add the wet fixings to the dry fixings
- Mix just until dry fixings are nice and moist. DO NOT OVER MIX! Please and thank you.
- Gently add the cranberries to the batter. (Batter= dry + wet)
- Fill each greased mini loaf pan with 1 cup of batter
- Place four pecan halves on top of batter
- Bake 40-45 minutes
o Double check with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Insert and when it comes out dry it is finished
o Looking for “GBD” Golden Brown and Delicious?
- Cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Poke holes in the top of loaves with the toothpick.
- Drizzle the glaze over the loaves
o Combine powder sugar with the milk and Gran Mariner
- Then pop out the loaves and let them cool on a cooling rack
- After the loaves are completely cooled you could add another recipe of glaze.
Enjoy your masterpiece and happy holidays from Edgar's Grille!
Make Your Holiday Meal Effortless with Edgar's Christmas-To-Go!
Our Thanksgiving-to-go service was so successful this year that Edgar's Grille is offering you the same convenience for Christmas!
Edgar's Grille realizes how precious time can be during the holidays. We also realize that you want only the best when it comes to your holiday meal. Holiday meal planning ahead of time can help you keep your head on straight throughout this busy time. This year, let Edgar's Grille take some of the stress out of your Christmas holiday planning. Our convenient and delicious Christmas to-go menu gives you the freedom to choose a meal option designed to feed 6-15, or order additional choices to accommodate a larger crowd!
With chef-inspired selections like smoked gouda mac& cheese, Edgar's signature collard greens and buttermilk pie -- you can't go wrong!
Order by December 15th and have Edgar's Grill cook your whole holiday meal or just a side or dessert. The choice is yours! Convenient online ordering is available at http://edgarsgrille.com/index.php/menu/10-menus/45-christmas.